Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Refreshing Romance

I enjoyed reading the few posts about "what bugs you", but come on ladies! I know we have a few more pet peeves than that! I hope you will continue to add what bugs you to the blog. It's nice to know we all have our little issues with our traveling men.

My husband and I just got back from a weekend away. It was so nice to get out of town and away from any responsibilities. Even though we try to save our weekends for fun, it makes a different when you couldn't do anything productive, even if you wanted to. (out of sight, out of mind)

How often do you and your husband take time for a little vacation? I think it's hard some times to take time away, when they're away so much during the week. When my husband is home on the weekends, I hunger for normalcy and often the last thing on my mind is a weekend out of town. I like seeing him AT HOME, sitting on th couch, doing mundane things like channel surfing together. But I realized again this weekend how important it is to travel together.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We have difficulties carving out time to veg at home. Right now that would seem like a vacation. We recently sat down to plan our vacations for the year and we will be taking small trips every 4-6 weeks. Granted some are to see family, but that is still getting out of town. Plus - we still have that 7-10 day vacation to factor in.

I agree that it is nice to recharge the batteries away from homebase, but right now I would give anything to have the house in order and have no plans for the weekend so we can just relax.

I hope the ski trip was fun.