Thursday, January 18, 2007

Unexpected Irritation

I don't know what got into me this morning, but for some reason I got irritated at my husband. He wasn't even here and last night when we talked all was fine. But something switched when I went to work, and his crazy schedule the last week got under my skin. We've hardly talked because he's been so busy and I've tried so hard to be cool about it and understand that this really is a crucial time. But this morning, I left my "coolness" at home and sent him a "nasty-gram' email about something he hadn't done that I'd asked him to do. He immediately took care of it, and then I felt a little silly. But should I have felt silly? Fourteen days (I counted) isn't unreasonable to expect something to be done.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're not alone! My husband's even in town...but when I got home late from work last night, the house was a mess and every light was on and he was in bed. Couple that with being uber stressed out with work and you've got one irritated wide.

Anonymous said...

That's wife - although wide is also how I'm feeling since I haven't been to the gym in 2 weeks.

Weekend Wife said...

I think it has something to do with their gender too. My husband does the same thing. I really don't know what goes through their head sometimes.
Go to the gym - do something for yourself and maybe try leaving the lights on for one night. Maybe he'll notice when the electric bill comes in. I must admit, I have a hard time following my own advice. I end up turning the lights off, or putting his dishes in the dishwasher, because if I see them in the morning, they're going to put me in the worst mood!