Thursday, January 11, 2007

Let me hear from you!

Today I got my first comment on my blog. It was such a great feeling to receive feedback from another weekend wife. I suppose it all has to do with affirmation. We all have established a comfort level in our weekend wife arrangement, but to hear that this is "normal" for someone else helps so much.


I hope more of you will write in - and keep logging on to read the discussion. This is only the beginning of what I hope is a national (maybe international) awakening that people are living these marriages and they can work.


Sometimes, I feel lucky with such an arrangement. I talk to some of my married friends and associates and it doesn't seem like they're able to truly value their time together. Because my husband and I's time is so limited, we make sure it's quality time.
**This is a picture of us in Cape Town, South Africa in December of 2007.
We do a lot of traveling - thanks to his hotel and airline points (you know what I'm talking about ladies!) - so occassionally I'll post pictures of some of our adventures. When I get overwhelmed with the demands of being part of "the club" - I think of all the opportunities we've been granted by his job. Do you take the same approach?

2 comments:

Yzerfontein said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I don't feel "normal" at all. I think if we did this for 100 years I would still hate it and...be jealous(?) of his job. I mean, when he's home he still walks around with his cell phone glued to his side, but there have been a million times where he was out of town and I cam't get a hold of him. And, I feel like they get to see him more than I do. My fiance, is also, a big fan of sayin so & so travels and his wife/girlfriend doesn't mind. What he doesn't realize is that wife or girlfriend lots of times isn't living in a city far away from her family and friends, travels just as much so it isn't a fair argument, or has a children to distract her. I feel extremely isolated, but I am grateful for this new blog...someone else "gets it".