Thursday, February 1, 2007

Perspective


It's so easy to get caught up in day to day life and forget what we should be grateful for - and how quickly life can change.


This weekend I was supposed to out of town for a baby shower for a friend who has tried for so many years to have a baby. Finally she and her husband got pregnant with twins. Today, she's having complications and the doctors aren't sure they can keep the babies alive. We're still hoping things will work out, but it's been a sobering day for me. I can't imagine what she's feeling and how scared she must be. I don't know anyone else in this earth who are more fit to be perfect parents, and they've had the hardest time getting pregnant. Now, this.


Anyway, this really doesn't have anything to do with being a weekend wife, but I thought it was an important thing to share. I don't know about you guys, but there are times I bug my husband about the silliest things - like cleaning crumbs off of the counter or putting his shoes away. Then you stop and think - wow, what if we were facing what my friend and her husband are right now? Would the crumbs or shoes REALLY matter? When my husband comes home, I'm going to try to remember this, and remember that there are small things and big things ... and too often at least I, make the small things big.


I posted a picture of me and my girlfriends with this post.

My friend I'm so concerned about is the second from the left.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My thoughts and prayers are with your friend and her family. This must be an incredibly trying time.

We've been through a number of significant losses as of late and you are right - theses are times to realize that those little things like crumbs just don't matter. At the same time, it makes me miss him that much more.

smp said...

My mom used to tell me that there is a difference between a 'disappointment' and a 'tragedy' -- I always thought that that was an important lesson...

Sending prayers to you and your friend and her family...

Thank you for sharing your life and lessons with us... Hug your hubby and hang in there...

SMP