Monday, February 19, 2007

Painting the town, really the house, red ....

Last Friday I came home to my anti-housework husband to find him suggesting we paint the house this weekend. My gut reaction was to say no - I wasn't really in that mindset. But I have to take advantage of these rare moments when he wants to volunteer for something like this.

So off we went to Lowe's and Ikea - and several hundred dollars ready we were armed with paint, supplies, new door knobs, the works. It wasn't the most fun weekend, but it was nice to get things done. I hate spending our precious weekend time like that, but it must be done sometimes I know. I really appreciated his willingness to do it, although he did get grumpy about it mid-day Saturday. It was SOOO nice to be able to remind him it was HIS idea!

And for the record, we painted the walls white, tan and black. Yes - I know we're so adventurous when it comes to color. We couldn't agree on anything, so we went neutral for the time being.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm actually looking forward to a similar weekend. We're not painting or anything like that but chores, and a husband to help. Hubby has dubbed it as "Home Weekend", this will be his first since January.