Sunday, February 11, 2007

Why is housework "my thing"?

I wanted to strangle my husband tonight. We had a very productive weekend of furniture shopping and house/car maintenance. It needed to be done and I was really excited how he dug in and got things done.

So then tonight in the middle of an argument over phone ettiquette (more on that in another blog) - he says "I spent all weekend doing YOUR stuff, and now I just want to work on my taxes, so give me my time."

WHEN DID HOUSE RESPONSIBILITIES BECOME ***my**** STUFF? That doesn't seem fair. He's said this stuff before and he knows it drives me crazy. But in his mind, that is how he categorizes it because I like to get things done when they need to be done not HAVE to be done. He waits until it's an emergency situation.

I'm trying to understand it from his shoes - I consider finance and investment thing HIS stuff. Maybe it's the same thing? I don't know.

I'm still fuming over it and if he wasn't surrounded by mounds of tax receipts and computer cords, I'd confront him some more (plus - Grammy red carpet is on!).

No comments: