Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Frustration

I have always prided myself on NOT bringing my work home. Not just paperwork, etc. - I've never brought my left over frustrations home with me. I've always been able to leave them at work and chalk it up to corporate's problem, not mine. That has been difficult to maintain in the past couple of weeks. I've been anxious about returning to work on a Monday. I am always irritated about something - and so many things have been going wrong that are out of my control that I'm always looking around for "what's next?".

I resent this change and hope it is temporary. My office is undergoing some technology changes so there's a reason for the issues. But I'm realizing any time a business, or a person for that matter, undergoes major changes, those changes also serve to spotlight what issues have always been there. And so often, we ride out the changes, and then go back to our normal routine, without addressing the problems that are there - new system or not. If a system is disorganized, they'll still be disorganized long after the changes. If a husband and wife fight about chores in the old house, they'll most certainly fight about them in the new one (unless of course a maid is included :) ).

Anyway, no real point to my rantings - they're just general observations about human nature. Hope everyone is having an easier week that I have! Feeling frustrated too? - if you've been able to answer your phone, print from your computer and protect very important documents from being erased by the IT guys - then you're having a better week than me!

5 comments:

Jason h said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
smp said...

WW, it sounds like you have been having a bad week -- TGI(almost)F -- Hang in there! I hope you and your hubby get a chance to do something fun & unwork-related this weekend... My hubby returns tomorrow but has to leave on Sunday (I hate when he has to travel on weekends, but I can't - or rather shouldn't - really complain as he has been home WAY more than usual the past few weeks and I have loved it... We have been busy with lots of social stuff, work-related and family etc., but it's all good. I just found out that I have to have a couple of yucky gyne tests and I am not too excited about it, but am trying to be a grown up... I will check with John about his upcoming schedules and then schedule the procedure... There are some things I don't want to do 'alone' (even with other family here, no one takes the place of JCP).
BTW: How is your friend who is pregnant with twins doing? She has been in my prayers -- I hope all is well...

Take care of yourself & remember to breathe...
SMP

smp said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
smp said...

OOPS! Sorry about the double printing -- I think I was experiencing some of those technical difficulties you spoke of!

Hope you have a better week this week... Hang in there...
SMP

Weekend Wife said...

Thanks smp for the kind words. We managed to have some fun on Saturday this weekend, but today has been a wild ride. I'll post more on that in a minute.
I understand about not wanting to do things alone. I try to be a big girl, but some times I just want to be taken care of by him. He takes care of me in his own way, but most of the time I feel like I'm the one holding our lives together, keeping track of schedules, etc.